Propylene glycol USP/EP (pharmaceutical grade) is one of the most widely used formulation-enabling substances. Propylene Glycol is a humectant, which means it helps the skin to absorb moisture. In a skin care product it helps carry the water based ingredients in to the skin. In hair care products, it softens the hair and allows it to be combed through easily. It is used in more than 4000 cosmetic products. Used in health-sensitive applications, such as food, animal feed, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. It fulfills the strict quality specifications and hygiene regulations required by the FDA.
- personal care: bath and shower soaps, gels, face cleansers, shaving foams, after shave, antiperspirant deodorants, roll-ons, sticks, lipsticks, fragrances, perfumes
- skin care: hand, body and facial moisturizers, sunscreen products
- hair care: shampoos, conditioners, styling gels
- oral care: mouthwashes, toothpaste
- baby care: wipes, antiseptics